Competition Details & terms:
Who can enter?
You can enter yourself/your partner or someone you know by letting us know why they’re a worthy winner.
The nominee must be of legal age to marry and will be eligible if his/her wedding was originally planned to take place in 2020, but plans were put on hold due to COVID-19.
How to enter
Complete the submission form with up to 300 words on why you/your nominee deserves to win.
Entries will close at 11:59pm on Sunday 11 October and a shortlist of six couples will be determined.
Six finalists will be asked to submit a short video submission to support their entry and an overall winner will be announced on Friday 6 November.
A wedding package to the value of £20,000 will be gifted on a weekend in August or September 2021 (subject to availability) for up to 100 day guests, including grounds and marquee hire with use of secret garden, from 11am-11pm, 3 course meal or BBQ with reception canapes, drinks as specified below. All standard equipment to serve the meal with white linen.
This will include:
- Private menu tasting for two people pre-wedding
- Arrival drinks reception – One and a half glass of sparkling wine or mocktail per person
- Half a bottle of house wine per guest
- Toast drinks – One glass of sparkling wine or mocktail per person
- Unlimited mineral water and juices with reception and meal
- Crisp white linen tablecloths and napkins
- Poseur tables and bar
- Table numbers and holders
- Stylish crockery, cutlery, glassware and the use of silver cake stand, table, cake knife and easel
- Grounds hire access from 7.00am – 12.00pm for contractors for York Lawns and Lower Lawns
- Grounds hire for clients from 10.00am to 11.00pm
- Marquee incl. chandelier lighting and uplighters, basic PA, hard flooring carpeted in stone
- Noise reduction system integral to PA system with speakers
- 8 x 1 phase 13amp sockets in marquee
- 10 x 1 phase sockets with the ability to power 10 x 3k ovens
- Access to interior toilets with dedicated toilet attendants
- Coat rails
- Wooden outdoor chairs
- Wooden outdoor tables
- 3 x 6’ rounds and up to 20 x 5’ rounds or banqueting tables
- 250 Plain green banqueting chairs with plain white chair covers
- Registrar fee if wedding ceremony is held at Regent’s
- Evening food or drink after the main meal
- Bar for evening drinks
- Corkage costs if applicable
- Bedford’s Bar hire and late licence extension costs if needed
- Any decor including staging and additional lighting
- Upgrade to a particular cocktail or other drinks
- Chair sash or chair upgrade
- Upgrade of tablecloth/napkin colour
No cash alternative possible. We can only offer grounds, marquee and furniture if a dry hire for religious reasons is required.
The judging process
All nominations will be considered and reviewed, and will be judged by a panel to decide six deserving finalists.
A short video submission will form the final part of the entry and will help determine the final winner. Finalists agree to the use of their video being used for promotional purposes on Regent’s’ social channels.
The winner will be contacted directly via email before being announced on social media and the winner will liaise with the Regent’s events team to commence planning.